Many people in the metropolis don't know how to get Domicile and PRC. Although people guide them to visit the nearest DC office to get the domicile and PRC. But that is one heck of a visit, or in Urdu we can say (boht Khuwari hai).
So, an easier way is:
1. Visit the Civic center ( which is situated near expo center in the heart of the city).
2. Don't go inside, instead go to the photocopy and stamp post - shops on the left side of the civic center.
3. Ask the people there that you want a domicile and PRC.
4. They will not only guide you, but will ask that they can help you get one.
Normal Price for an education Domicile, normally known as (C-form) costs around 1300. But if you have a double address printed on your NIC, that is Karachi and Islamabad address then you will have to pay 320 Rs extra for the double address.
And to get both a job domicile and an education domicile (more preferable) will cost around 2700 Rs. But try to negotiate with them and bring the price down to 2300 Rs. I think they will do that (if not then you will have to pay them 2700 Rs).
These people can also help you with other work of Board office work and Karachi University Exams...
You know what I mean!
Some Question I am Asked:1. If I have a permanent address of some other area and Current address of Karachi, will I get a domicile of Karachi?
Yes, You will get the domicile if you have current certificate and a copy of utility bill in your name or your mother or father's name. (so you basically need a property here to verify that you live here).
2. Which Domicile will be needed for CSS exams?
You will need Form C and Form D of domicile form. It is also known as PRC permanent residential certificate.
3. How much time will it take to get a Domicile?
It will take 2 - 5 days depending on the holidays and strikes in Karachi.
4. Where can I find a agent in Civic Centre?
Do not go in the civic centre. Many agents are sitting outside the photocopy plaza on left hand side of Civic centre.
5. What will I need for a Domicile certificate?
You will need your Matriculation certificate, Inter certificate, NIC copy and NIC colored copy, Utility bill.
6. Will I get a govt job in Karachi on some other city's domicile?
NO. Unless the job states otherwise.
7. My property is not inherited, It is bought. Can I get a domicile?
If the property is on your name and you are a permanent resident. Then yes.
8. Can I ask an agent for increase in numbers in exams?
I have no idea. There will be agents who can do that. But the policy is very strong now and it is hard to find an agent who can do that for you.