An article i wrote in my assignment for University, after the arrival of smallest ever Foreign Minister of Pakistan, That is Hina Rabbani Khar (HRK) 34. It was her first visit to india, & i wrote this article in october or some days near or far from it, Although it has not much error's but it looks more of like a investigative report rather then a article & cleary shows my noobness, of writing professional articles.
As our independence day is coming near, Pakistan and Indian old conflicts come to mind, which are sometimes made intense by attacks like 26/ and Mumbai express train blast. But our leaders are trying to remove these conflicts and have ‘friendly’ relations with our old comrade. Recently our foreign minister was invited by India to discuss major issues.Hina Rabbani Khar (HRK) our foreign minister, is a graduate in economics, and has done her masters in hospitality management; she is the niece of Ghulam Mustafa Khar – a formal chief minister. In a way she represents our ‘Elite class’.When she landed in India, Indian media got jealous of her beauty and intelligence, as I suppose all ministers of India are above 40 of age & that is a minimum. But HRK herself is 34 almost half the age of her counterpart S M Krishna. And she had that ‘Berkley’s purse’ and imported shoes which were no less than 10 million. So that spread a message all over the globe that, a country who has foreign minister having a bag costing 10 million, cannot be a poor country.But the real anger Indian media had was, how can a foreign minister of Pakistan meet kashmiri leaders in India, even before meeting the hosts themselves? Although HRK faced much criticism from Indian media & BJP as well. But the talks went as planned.In the meeting which was held on 27th July, both the ministers discussed:
- Sir creek & Siachin issues, Wullar barrage, Counter terrorism, Jammu Kashmir.
- Both the ministers agreed to solve all issues through negotiations.
- It was decided to cooperate in fighting terrorism
- The major step which was taken by the ministers was to agree on the release of innocent prisoners, fishermen, mental prisoners.
- They agreed to promote peace in the subcontinent and hold nuclear meetings.
- On Jammu and Kashmir issue, it was decided that talks will continue and solution will be reached in a peaceful manner.
- Pakistani foreign minister Hina rabbani Khar told S.M Krishna, her Indian counter part that Mumbai attack case in Pakistan is progressing more rapidly than Mumbai express train blast case in India.
- In the meeting it was also decided to Open Cross LoC (Line of Control) for trade and travel purposes:
- Regular meetings between chamber of commerce and traders from both sides to start taking place
- Trucks to move between borders on 4 days a week. That is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
- Telephonic communications to be strengthened.
- And for travel purposes:
- It was decided to allow pilgrimage and tourism and expand them on both sides.
- Bus services between Srinagar - Muzafarabad to run on every Monday.
- The Ministers agreed that discussions will continue on Siachen, Wullar Barrage/Tulbul Navigation Project and Sir Creek to find a mutually acceptable solution to these issues.
- They agreed that the Technical Level Working Groups should hold their meetings to identify avenues of further cooperation in these fields.
- They agreed to make joint efforts to promote cooperation for regional development in the SAARC framework.
- It was also decided that the Foreign Ministers will meet again in Islamabad in the first half of 2012 to review progress in the dialogue process.
- 19. The Ministers agreed to the continuation of the dialogue process and to the convening series of Secretaries level meetings on Counter-terrorism, Wullar Barrage/Tulbul Navigation Project; Sir Creek (at the level of Additional Secretaries/Surveyors General); Siachen; Peace & Security, including CBMs; Jammu & Kashmir; and Promotion of Friendly Exchanges. Dates of all these meetings will be decided through diplomatic channels and will be held prior to the next Ministerial meeting.
- The Ministers noted that Shri Anand Sharma, Hon’ble Minister for Commerce and Industry of India, has extended an invitation to his counterpart, H. E. Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Minister of Commerce of Pakistan to visit India at a mutually convenient date.
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan called on Dr. Manmohan Singh, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
- Pakistan gave India the title of Most Favored Nation.
- India decided to lower tariff duties and boost trade.
- It was decided to carry on talks on ministry and secretary levels and ‘relationship of trust’ to continue. Although the visit was not a major breakthrough but it was welcomed by Indian government & global media. HRK declared the meeting as ‘change of mindsets’ and SM Krishna stated it as ‘ Relations Back on track’
P.S: It was rejected by my teacher.